Our client, who works with some of Europe’s most successful retailers and brands, helping them to make more money from retailing online, are hiring a Lead Data Scientist.
Their unique online retail ‘value chain’ provides deep expertise across the disciplines required to trade online: strategy, ecommerce, online marketing, trading and logistics.
They are looking for a self-driven, team player to join their team of world class Data Scientists and Statisticians. This is a permanent position.
Lead Data Scientist Responsibilities
- Work and develop statistical code within ‘R’ to answer specific client questions
- Transform large, complex datasets into pragmatic actionable insights
- Liaise with clients, deliver statistical analysis and research, and provide statistical training, advice and support
- Write up detailed proposals of work, including what data will be required, the methods that will be used, the deliverables and the timeline for completion; carry out the analysis, advice or training in the agreed time frame
- Effectively communicate with clients and senior stakeholders to understand and manage expectations
- Ensure that any client reports or presentations are clear, concise and intelligible
- Identify the appropriate statistical methods for a problem, develop robust methods for data analysis and create illustrative reports
- Document techniques and procedures for use by other members of the team
- Effectively query, clean and manage large datasets; knowledge of SQL would be beneficial
- Build effective relationships with members of the Insight, Technical and Client Management teams
- Be responsible for management of junior members of the team and encourage personal and team development
- Help identify commercial opportunities through analysis and exploitation of data
- Analyse customer behaviour to identify factors relevant to purchasing behaviour, both online and offline
- Review data analysis tools and competitors, reporting back to the business if/where efficiencies may be made
- Keep up to date with statistical and programming best practices, becoming a knowledge source for the team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Advanced degree/PhD/ MSc in a strong quantitative discipline such as Maths or Statistics
- Knowledge and experience of machine learning methodologies
- An understanding of the digital and/or retail environment and the associated measures of success
- Demonstrates an ability for solving challenging scientific problems
- Experience analysing large data sets and uncovering key insights that drive actionable decisions
- Demonstrates flexibility whilst working in teams to attain common objectives
- Inherently curious and driven to push the boundaries of knowledge
- Developing bespoke statistical models for data analysis
- Expert programming in R or Python
- Ability to generate robust hypotheses and construct questions in response to uncertain requests from the wider business
- Be able to articulate complex problems and solutions to a non-technical audience
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Deliver quality work to tight deadlines.
Want to find out more? Get in touch with Sathana Jeyanthiran on 07419 348 035 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please complete the form on this page or send your CV to Sathana.
Not the job for you? There are lots more great roles here.