Our client, a Digital ID company working on an app with 2 million downloads so far, is looking for a Systems Engineer.
Starting with a multi-site UK datacentre infrastructure, our client is aiming at expanding internationally in the coming months.
About the role
- Focusing on core production systems, you will take part in building and evolving server infrastructure from a very early phase.
- You will help design and implement the platform and management infrastructure, with an emphasis on security, resource isolation, deployment automation, redundancy and high-availability.
- You will assist with daily operations of storage solutions.
- The role will also involve implementing comprehensive but lightweight monitoring, auditing and logging of all hardware, logical systems and software services.
- In most situations, your deployments will focus on automation and mass orchestration, with minimal manual intervention, to allow for scalability, simplicity of deployment and rapid disaster recovery.
- You will be required to take part in an on-call rota.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Strong Linux skills, preferably a specialist in Debian based systems.
- Understanding of Linux-based firewalls and server hardening.
- Solid scripting experience (Python, Bash).
- Infrastructure as Code: Cloudformation,Terraform or Salt-Cloud.
- Willing to rack hardware and travel to datacentres.
- Hand on experience with automation tools like SaltStack, Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Hand on experience with Kubernetes/Mesos.
- Experience installing and configuring web servers with SSL : Apache, Nginx.
- Solid experience with DNS technologies : Bind, NSD, Powerdns, Djbdns.
- Experience with virtualization : Vmware, Xen, KVM/QEMU, Proxmox.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS or Openstack.
- Hands-on experience with administering RDBMS, preferably PostgreSQL and MySQL, in a HA environment (replication, database clustering).
- Exposure to NoSQL database systems (Couchbase, MongoDB).
- Working knowledge of storage systems - DASD, SAN, NAS and distributed filesystems (OCFS, GFS, GlusterFS etc).
- Experience with load balancing : hardware or software load balancers (Haproxy, Nginx).
- Willing to be on an after hours on-call rota.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Experience with L2 and L3 networks.
- Basic understanding of routing and switching.
- Experience with version control systems, git, svn etc.
- Intrusion detection systems.
Want to find out more? Get in touch with Sathana Jeyanthiran on 07419 348 035 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please complete the form on this page or send your CV to Sathana.
Not the job for you? There are lots more great roles here.